Thursday 29 April 2010

Final New Proposal Idea

Brief:
The government want everyone to be able to access and know how to use broadband technology. This is identified to being the key to helping people communicate with each other and helping people find information quickly. An organisation running by the name broadband awareness has been set up to make people aware of the benefits of broadband technology. The government want to make a fund available to help people of all ages receive training in how to use broadband technology. Broadband awareness offer grants to help the poorer communities to install and use the latest equipment. In order to raise awareness of how broadband has better benefits of being connected. Broadband awareness has asked us to produce a range of media products. The media products that we produce will be used to demonstrate the benefits of using broadband technology. We must choose our target audience group for our media product. This can range from young people to older people. We have been asked to research, plan and produce a moving image product. It should inform your chosen target audience about the benefits of using broadband technology. There isn’t a restriction of choice of style, content or length. However , the finished product must show the benefits of using broadband technology as a tool for communication and research. It should include development, pre-production, production and postproduction documentation as well as an evaluation of our own work.
Target audience:
I have chosen my target audience to be :
People from all around west London/ London. I chose all types of people because I would like to show what everyone uses broadband for and not just one type of people and That there is a way that broadband can help all types of people. I will be doing an advert that asks people what they use broadband for and how it helps them. My main line that will be used a lot in my advert will be “ I am broadband”.
The problems I may have with not having a particular audience is that it can’t be played at individual places for that age group. But I think doing it all round is better because then it shows everyone what other people use it for and how broadband has a benefit for everyone.
Main Aim:
My main aim of my commercial is to show people who don’t use broadband the range of things they can use broadband for and for those who use it for one type of thing that broadband has many elements to it and what they can use it for because at the end of the day everyone will have broadband that is why we are all broadband users. This will help reach my target audience as there are many people out there who don’t use broadband or who don’t even think broadband can benefit them in anyway. This video will give me an insight on what broadband can be use for everyone not just one type of people.
Idea
My idea is to format a video of a commercial that starts every sentence with “ I am broadband” then goes into what the individual uses broadband for. It will inform all types of people on what broadband can be used for and make others who don’t have broadband want to get broadband. My advert will give it a clear understanding of the fact the broadband is for everyone and that everyone can use it.
Step outline
Start : with the first person saying I’m broadband….in a white background
Then: a teacher saying I’m broadband and….. behind a desk.
Then: the librarian saying I’m broadband and… in the library
Then: ask 10 students around William Morris to say I’m broadband and…
Then : the head teacher saying I’m broadband and… in his office…
Then: one of the security men at William Morris to say I’m broadband and… outside college.
Then I will go around Hammersmith, Westfield ,Ealing, Kingston asking about 15 strangers in shops on the streets if I can record them and do the same thing saying I’d broadband and…
Then it ends with a white screen with writing saying “ broadband..it takes you where you want to be…
The end
Location: Hammersmith, Westfield ,Ealing, Kingston

My product will be best placed on a website or internet campaign or television as it is and advert that can be placed anywhere as it is for everyone, so that people acknowledge broadband and know more about it.


Crew member
Camera person: Roza and Salah
Equipment
Video camera
Tripod
Oyster Card

No comments:

Post a Comment