Thursday 29 April 2010

Evaluation For Broadband Awareness

Evaluation

Comments on each stage of production:

Pre Production:

for pre production I came up with the idea of doing a Case study on a teenage music group where broadband was there main use for getting them known and selling there products and getting there music heard. I decided that my audience would be a music group type of audience so that talent was not wasted. Then I decided to change the audience to businesses so that they could see the benefits of broadband and how it can help there business. Then on the day before recording, the music group I was going to interview cancelled on me as they had a gig to do the next day so they could not help me. My whole idea changed and I decided to watch videos on you tube. I then found the “I am PC” advert and from this my idea grew of doing an advert which was “I am Broadband” but the difference was that people would also add what they use broadband for. My type of audience I chose was for everyone as it was a type of advert where I would want on TV where everyone could see that they could all use broadband.

Production:

When I went out to start recording my video I was not aware that you had to ask permission to record in places such as Hammersmith Broadway or Westfield. But I managed to take some footage before being told to leave the sites. When I recorded, my footage was lost as it was stuck in the camera and the camera stopped working. Due to this problem I had to restart and record everything again. When doing so, I wasn’t very happy with the material as it was all done on Fulham Palace Road and William Morris Sixth Form. But I had to make do with the footage.

Post Production:

I was lucky enough to get my footage afterwards, so I was pleased when I had two types of footage to use for my advert. This included different groups of people. What I wasn’t happy with was that I didn’t have much older generation of people as it seemed that they were not aware of broadband so they did not want to be part of my advert as they weren’t aware of its uses. So if I ever re-did this I would try going places where older people wouldn’t be reluctant to help. Editing my video wasn’t hard; I found it hard at first as I hadn’t really done anything like this before. On some of the footage there were problems such as you couldn’t hear them properly or due to the weather the sounding wasn’t good. But even without taking these bits out I had good enough footage enough to make my advert.



Comments on the ways you developed your product and why you took the decisions you took.

When my case study idea got ruined and I had to change my idea fast. I had this idea and another idea. Even though my idea was simple that I chose, I chose it because I though it would have a clearer message then other. It’s an advert that won’t be forgotten fast and people will learn about what other people of all different ranges and types use broadband for. Even though my audience was vague and not for one type of people I thought it would be better if it was for everyone for world rounded. And I was far more comfortable with this then any of the other ideas I had thought about. I recorded my footage in William Morris sixth form, Westfield, Hammersmith and Fulham palace road. I did this because I wanted a wide range of people to interview. Even though this wasn’t easy I managed to get a lot of people to come up and talk in front of the camera. When I lost my footage I was really upset and distressed. But because this was my first project on my own I carried on as I wanted it to be a good piece of media done all by myself.

Feedback from teachers and colleagues and comments about this feedback.

When I showed this to my teachers, they were both pleased with it. One of them commented on the wide range of different people and types of places I had recorded. It showed a good range of different people and locations. My other teacher was pleased with it and enjoyed watching it. Critical comments made by my teachers were that the audience was vague and they would’ve been happier with it being for one type of audience. They also said how some of it was repetitive as people used broadband for the same kind of things.

When my colleagues watched it, they all enjoyed it and found it funny at times. Some comments made included that each person kept them watching on as they were all different types of people, some funny, some informative and some normal. They thought it was a catchy advert that people would remember and even watching it again wouldn’t be boring. When I asked them if they thought it fitted the brief, they said that it vaguely fitted the brief but was informative enough so that when people watched it, it was actually making them aware of broadband.

A critical evaluation of the product you have produced including does it fit the brief in what ways how and why does it fit the brief? Does it appeal to its audience? How and in what ways does do this?

My production doesn’t completely fit the brief. This is because the audience is vague and it isn’t for one type of audience. If I did this again I would change the audience just to an older range of audience as when going around places and asking the older generation for help, they all seemed clueless about the uses of broadband. So if I did this again I would like to raise more awareness for the older generation of people. My product does fit the brief as it does raise awareness to an audience about broadband awareness and it tells them what broadband can be used for.

My product appeals to an audience as it has a wide range of people interviewed and I think it would keep viewers watching as there are funny part as well as it’s being informative to the audience. It does this as I have asked a different range of audience and have tried to make them say different things as much as I could which was realistic. The places that it’s being recorded are all different so it will keep the audience watching and even laughing at time at what they are watching. If I did it again I would have made a stronger product where I have got more information and made sure it 100% fitted with the brief like my first idea. But even though this was my first project by myself and it was difficult and stressful at time. I really enjoyed the whole project even though it was tiring and I would not mind doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment